A Peaceful Afghanistan?
Warm greetings to all!
Regardless of where you live in the world, it is almost certain that you have heard about Afghanistan one way or another. There are many problems in Afghanistan such as unemployment reaching its peak, narcotics in every corner, and many more due to the proxy war that is waged by Pakistan against the Afghans. That is mainly why when you search up Afghanistan on the internet, the only thing that comes up is terrorists and bombings. For that reason, the culture and traditions of the Afghan people are unknown to the rest of the world.
I am what they call an ‘Afghan Khariji’. That basically means that I am an Afghan that was brought up abroad. Unlike almost everyone in the world, I have never really had the opportunity to visit my parents' birthplace. You may be wondering, why can’t this dude visit those places? Well, it’s complicated. The provinces where my parents were born are currently controlled by the infamous Taliban. Visiting those provinces will most likely put my life in danger. They impose laws that violate the very basics of human rights. Unfortunately, violence is rising in Afghanistan at the moment and the Taliban are gaining more ground. An increase in violence and barbarity is something that my fellow Afghans are familiar with in Afghanistan.
All this had me thinking, what if there was no war in Afghanistan? What if I could roam around my country just like anyone in America could? One of the wishes I have in life is to one day take my future family for a trip to a peaceful Afghanistan. Trust me when I say it, even though my fellow countrymen have been through a lot of pain and suffering, Afghans are the most hospitable people in the world. The hospitality in Afghanistan can’t be found anywhere else in the world. Hospitality is one thing, the beauty of Afghanistan is another thing. For instance, I am currently in Kabul and every morning I make sure to go to the rooftop of Netlinks and just admire the beautiful mountains of Kabul. I hope that one day when peace comes, everyone around the world can have the opportunity to come and have a look at the beauty this country has in person.
Sadly, I really can’t say when peace will come to my beloved country. The fact that the American and Nato forces are almost done with their withdrawal doesn’t really help aid the situation here in Afghanistan. Nonetheless, I am putting my hope on the Afghan peace process to be a success. As the famous Rahman Baba said, ‘The response to hate is not hate, leave them in awe with love.’

A very nicely put blog I must say even tho of this just made me feel sad.
ReplyDeleteHere's to hoping you get to see the Afghanistan that's dreamt of. All of all great work Muji
Ameen brother ππ»
DeleteThis blog speaks in dulcet tones of a heart that yearns for something beautiful. The world is in desperate need for such beauty, so continue to raise awareness and enlighten us with your blogs so we can all stand together and hope.
ReplyDeleteVery well written, Mujtaba. Looking forward to more.
Indeed. Thank you very much Muntaha!
DeleteBeautiful. Looking forward for more.
ReplyDeleteThank you!
DeleteThanks for this perfect blog unfortunately this is truth stories of our country.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately it is, hopefully all of this comes to an end.
DeleteAfghanistan is beautiful,hope for peace for the country in future bro❤️π²πΎ
ReplyDeleteJazakullah Khair ❤️ Satu Malaysia and Satu Afghanistan π²πΎπ¦π«
DeleteWhy do Afghans always say that they are on a war w Pakistan even proxy? Even when Pakistan has nothing to do w the situation they are in and after giving shelter to many of the afghan refugees who are still living in Pakistan?
ReplyDeleteIt's quite simple. It is a well known fact that the ISI funds the taliban, a number of Pakistani military men were caught fighting alongside the Taliban in recent times and in the past, your current prime minister has openly said that the terrorist groups in Afghanistan were created by Pakistani Military, a member of your parliament recently mentioned as well that the taliban are fighting 'pakistans war' and that they need to be supported at all costs, when asked by a journalist whether Osama Bin Laden was a martyr, your foreign minister said 'I will let that pass'. Let's not forget the fact the Osama Bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan in a large house located near a Pakistani military base. You tell me Pakistan has nothing to do with the issues going on in our country? I have plenty more to say but I guess that's enough for now. If you want me to educate you regarding this matter, please contact me through my social media.
DeleteI pray for a better future and peace for Afghanistan. May Allah help all the afghans. Love from Pakistan. ❤️
ReplyDeleteGod bless you brother!
DeleteI look forward to more of your blogs. Your writing style is friendly and flows well.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much! Glad to have you on board πππ»
DeleteMay Allah make your country more habitable in the future for your family and your future generation.
ReplyDeleteAmeen. It is about time peace arrives in my beloved country
DeleteYour writing brought tears to my eyes due to the nostalgic stirred emotions, as it reflected and echoed the sound of your soul as a fellow Afghan. I visited three years ago after 36 years and it felt like a true home. Despite all the sufferings and losses I still found my people loving and truly hospitable. My love for this land and it’s people intensified even further. I can’t wait for the day when I can take my kids to this country and truly serve its great and patient people. Hope that day comes soon.
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, on a side note I can’t fathom that I’m reading this blog and feeling this way, because when I close my eyes and think about the Mujtaba; all that comes to mind is a young, naughty, mischievous and at the same time shy boy running around PV8. You have grown into an intense and intelligent young man, with a beautiful soul and a hopeful vision for tomorrow. I know that your mom is truly proud of you, and so am I. May Allah grace you with beneficial knowledge, wisdom, and imaan. Stay focused and blessed.
Btw, this is Zaid and Jannat’s mom.
I have never been so touched by a comment in my entire life. I pray that Zaid and Jannat get the opportunity to visit Afghanistan without the fear of putting their life at risk. Jazakullah Khair Khala Jan ❤️
Delete